The role of IT is changing.
Companies are looking to IT leaders to make the kind of business-defining decisions that answer the complexity of modern work in the enterprise, help everyone work more efficiently, and accelerate the business to a whole new pace.
The service management and issue-tracking tools IT professionals have traditionally relied on are great for IT, but miss the mark when it comes to improving efficiency for everyone. They just aren’t enough to support the kind of company-wide initiatives IT needs to lead. In fact, 90% of work is complex, creative, cross-functional, and unstructured in nature, with collaboration happening not just across teams and departments, but oftentimes across time zones and continents. Force-fitting rigid IT tools to this new style of work isn’t the answer. If your tools aren’t accelerating work for everyone, they’re creating more problems than they’re solving, leading to:
- Siloed work and information scattered across multiple systems.
- Limited visibility and collaboration across teams, departments, and projects.
- Time wasted trying to manage disconnected processes.
- Rigidity and an inability to handle cross-functional workflows.
- Inefficient work management that doesn’t securely support the enterprise.